Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sadie Jane


I know I've been a little lax with this blog, working and such has gotten in the way of my volunteering efforts, which will be drastically cut down when I start working full time again in a week. I wanted to post about yet another non-shelter pet...my doggie Sadie. My family had to make the tough call yesterday morning and euthanize her. She's been having seizures for the past few months, and yesterday she couldn't walk anymore. I hate going through this, but I know the decision was for the best and she's in whatever better place you believe in. My mom told her that Grandpa would feed her ring bologna, and I have to believe that.

Sadie was a pure-bred Shetland Sheepdog. She was the runt of the litter, so she was small for her breed. She had ADHD and would bark at the air and snap at invisible flies all day long. She loved living near the trains so she could bark her head off at them. And, she hated going for walks and would try to pull us home after half a block.

Rest in peace Sadie, we miss and love you!

2 comments:

chocolatebooks said...

I bet she's lounging with Grandpop right now, eating ring bologna and barking at all the heavenly transportation up there. RIP you sweet old dog!

hiyaluv said...

KATE! You have a blog? I'm so excited:)
gina